Ecclesiastes 4:12 states, “Though one may be empowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not easily broken.”
It is highly recommended that you choose a Covenant Partner. This person will pray with you, encourage you, and remind you of God’s faithfulness. Choose someone who will walk with you throughout the duration of the fast.
Remember, your most important Covenant Partners are God our Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. As One, trust them to help and strengthen you and your Covenant Partner(s) during the Church Family Fast.
Guidelines for Covenant Partnering
Guidelines for choosing Covenant Partners are as follows:
• Married couples partner with married couples;
• Single women partner with single women; and
• Single men partner with single men.
• Be sure to exchange telephone numbers or e-mail addresses.
• During the fast, please communicate, pray, encourage and hold each other accountable.